It shall be the mission of First Step Services, LLC to provide the best practice community-based mental health and substance use treatment services to help all persons served to meet their full potential as independent and fully productive individuals.
First Step Services is a NCDHHS licensed facility for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders. Our facility aims to address the needs of the person served by providing assistance with issues caused by mental health and substance use disorders. Our mission is one of quality person centered care and the ability to provide education and other resources to the person served, their families and significant others. First Step Services strives to utilize best practices while providing outpatient mental health and substance use disorder treatment and intensive outpatient services for substance use disorders in the community. Our goal is to make treatment services as accessible as possible and to reduce as many barriers to treatment as possible throughout the Triangle region of North Carolina.
First Step Services strives to employ personnel that have the ability to treat the person served with unconditional positive regard and respect. Our clinical personnel is highly trained and demonstrate an ability to provide excellent person centered care inline with our mission statement. We strive to provide an environment conducive to personal and professional growth for our personnel.
The objectives of our mission are achieved in the following manner:
- Provide direct services, education, support and advocacy for persons served and their families or significant others.
- Meet the individual needs of the person served without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disabilities, Veteran status, or ability to pay.
- Respect for the person served as well as their families and significant others as individuals while assuring their right for confidentiality, respect and dignity.
- Maintain high standards of professional practice leading to the highest quality of care.
- Person centered treatment plans to meet the specific needs of the person served.
- Be prompt and professional when responding to stakeholder needs while maintaining HIPAA compliance.
- Promote and encourage professional growth of all personnel.
- Utilize input from the person served, personnel and stakeholders in the decision making process whenever possible.
- First Step Services, LLC strictly follows all Federal and State guidelines on protecting your confidentiality.
- We cannot, and will not, share your information with anyone except staff members who need to know unless you give us written requests to do so or if it is determined that there is a danger to yourself or others.
- We are also required to report any evidence of child abuse or elder abuse. These are all rare.
- Please read the entire Confidentiality Statement that you were given at your initial intake. If you don’t have a copy, just ask any staff member.