Financial / Methods of Payment
We understand that there are many reasons people do not seek the help they need. We never want the cost to deter someone from taking that step and getting treatment. That’s why we have multiple options to make it accessible for people to pay for alcohol, drug outpatient rehab and/or mental health counseling.
- Self Pay/Cash allows those without insurance to pay cash for alcohol and drug rehab and substance use treatment services at a discounted rate.
- The State of NC sets the ADETS fee at $185 for NC DWI clients. Fees paid to NC DWI Services assists clients with the cost manuals for NC DWI (508) clients.
- Court and probation mandated alcohol and drug education 16 hour program $185. Complete your alcohol and drug education program in 1 week.
- We are in network with most health insurance companies. We do all the billing and authorizations. Your insurance will usually pay for individual, group and family counseling and assessments. Give them a call and ask if you are not sure. Bring your insurance card to your initial intake and/or assessment.
- We do everything we can to assist you with receiving the counseling or treatment you need, including DWI and other “required” counseling. If paying for treatment is a concern, we will assist with deductibles, co-pays, etc. There are no up front or enrollment fees preventing you from getting into treatment. We will contact your insurance company for authorization and benefits.
- First Step Services, LLC is in network with many Medicare Advantage plans sponsored by insurance companies with whom we are in network.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBSNC Silver Blue Local Wake Medical and Duke Medicine Plan
- Federal Blue Cross.
- Health Net
- Managed Health Network
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- Value Options
Insurance companies are bound by federal confidentiality laws regarding substance use and mental health treatment. No person, company or entity is allowed to inform your employer that you are receiving, or have ever received, our treatment services without your written verified consent.
We are bound by federal statute “42 CFR Part 2 – CONFIDENTIALITY OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG TREATMENT RECORDS” to learn more about Federal confidentiality laws.