Financial / Methods of Payment
We understand that there are many reasons people do not seek the help they need. We never want the cost to deter someone from taking that step and getting treatment. That’s why we have multiple options to make it accessible for people to pay for alcohol, drug outpatient rehab and/or mental health counseling.
- Self Pay/Cash allows those without insurance to pay cash for alcohol and drug rehab and substance use treatment services at a discounted rate.
- We are in network with most health insurance companies. We do all the billing and authorizations. Your insurance will usually pay for individual, group and family counseling and assessments. Give them a call and ask if you are not sure. Bring your insurance card to your initial intake and/or assessment.
- We do everything we can to assist you with receiving the counseling or treatment you need, including DWI and other “required” counseling. There are no up front or enrollment fees preventing you from getting into treatment. We will contact your insurance company for authorization and benefits.
- First Step Services, LLC is in network with most major insurance companies, including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBSNC Silver Blue Local Wake Medical and Duke Medicine Plan
- Federal Blue Cross Plans
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Healthcare
- Value Options
- We are currently not in network with:
- BCBS Healthy Blue
- BCBS UNC Alliance
- Bright Health
Insurance companies are bound by federal confidentiality laws regarding substance use and mental health treatment. No person, company or entity is allowed to inform your employer that you are receiving, or have ever received, our treatment services without your written verified consent.
We are bound by federal statute “42 CFR Part 2 – CONFIDENTIALITY OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG TREATMENT RECORDS” to learn more about Federal confidentiality laws.