Our Commitment to Your Family
First Step Services of Raleigh provides Family and Community Education (FACE) to help families and others deal with the effects of alcohol and drug use of a loved one. Learn how to effectively help yourself and the person(s) you care about. There is never a fee.
F.A.C.E. provides support and an open forum for attendees. F.A.C.E. is not for the person with substance use disorders or concerns.
Our Substance Use Intensive Outpatient programs include family nights for all participants. Families and significant others join group members for a professionally facilitated multifamily group. Our family programs are educational, supportive and enlightening for group members and their families, friends and significant others. Group discussions, role plays, education are all provided. Families in attendance are allowed to participate as much or as little as comfort allows.
Family counseling for individual families dealing with substance use is available by appointment. If you’d like more information, call us today at 919-833-8899 or by email at 1ststep@firststepnc(dot)com.
F.A.C.E. – Family and Community Education Program (currently on hiatus)
All families, friends, and concerned others in the community are welcome! Our Family And Community Education class is for families & friends interested & concerned about a loved one’s substance use disorder. No cost & no appointment needed.
Included Topics of Discussion:
- How to identify problematic use and dependence
- Family Issues of substance use
- Long term effects of alcohol and drug use and the effects on the family.
- Am I enabling or helping?
- Dealing with dual disorders: substance use and mental health disorders.
- What is alcohol and drug treatment and how does it work? How long does it take?
- How old is old enough to drink alcohol?
- Recovery and abstinence – are they the same?