Why Choose Us
First Step Services, LLC is a private agency where your needs are considered first; a place where clients can count on being understood and assisted in the most professional, confidential manner possible. First Step Services, LLC offers the highest quality services.
- Our goal is simple: to help you and your family never have another alcohol or drug related problem of any type.
- We understand and respect the urgency of your situation.
- Convenient locations in the Triangle.
- Strong relationship with the local community, including attorneys, EAPs (Employee Assistant Programs), local schools & colleges, medical and psychiatric offices and the community at large;
- Lowest self pay prices, $20/hour for 3 hour groups in network with insurance companies.
- Private and confidential.
- Accredited by CARF: The Commission for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) has awarded First Step Services, LLC National Accreditation to all 4 of our locations.
- In network with health insurance companies,
- Licensed by the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services. Ensure the program you choose is NC DHHS licensed and CARF Accredited for all levels of care at all divisions and locations.
- Free family program for client’s families and for others in the community concerned about the substance use of a friend or family member.
We are online with the State DWI Services office to complete your DWI 508 report, often clearing your license in 2-3 days after completing your program once you have provided us with your conviction date.
First Step Services, LLC is licensed by the State of North Carolina including a Mental Health Substance Abuse Treatment License, DWI provider code, and full-time Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CSAC) and Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialists (LCAS), Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and other experienced counselors and therapists with Masters level credentials.
Continue attending groups after graduation for $5 per day!
Upon successful completion of recommended treatment, all group members are welcome to continue attending their group for $5 per day. Program graduates may attend as long as they remain abstinent, it is desired and beneficial. Drug screens are $30 if requested. This offer is for clients who not requiring progress or other report to Boards, employers, courts, etc. Ongoing support is the best way to ensure long term recovery. Continuing care clients have remained active as long as 2-2/3 years after completing their recommended treatment.
Inpatient, Residential & Hospital Aftercare:
First Step Services, LLC provides Intensive Outpatient and General Outpatient aftercare for people discharging from inpatient programs & hospitals across the country. We provide intensive group counseling, family counseling, individual counseling and other services as needed. The goal is to provide people discharging from facilities with continued treatment and recovery while they transition back into community living; returning to work, to families and resuming a “normal” lifestyle after completing inpatient or hospitalization. We provide this service at all our locations.
“I was initially sent to First Step for outpatient treatment after completing a 28 day inpatient program in October 2011 and again in March of 2015. I have always felt extremely comfortable with all the counselors and treatment plans. I have been fortunate to have learned and developed several coping skills and have benefited from all of the time with groups in a few ways. Being able to find people with similar issues has been a huge plus and has helped me to realize that I am not the only person that has received help. Also, discussing the reasons for my individual issues has been a great stress relief and has taught me how to relate to others and deal with the problems at hard in other ways than relying on substances. I am aware of what I need to stay focused on sobriety and have developed skills for dealing with situations when temptation presents itself.” Anonymous
Professionals Programs: Click on the link for more information!
Our VIP – Victim Impact Panel session meets on the 3rd Saturday morning of the month from 9:00 AM to 12:0 PM. The cost is $60. Call our Raleigh office for more information. The VIP session meets DWI requirements for all states that require it. It is beneficial for all who attend, including DWI offenders and interested others who may or may not have had a DWI. Pre-registration is required for the VIP. Please try to call at least 24 hours in advance to register.